Accolades for Institute
The Institute and its staff have won the following awards, recognitions and honors:
- Dr. Anil K Rajvanshi the Director was invited to give a keynote address at the National Academy of Engineering symposium on Innovation, New Delhi, September 2012. He was one of the 15 speakers invited for the symposium from all over the world. The transcript of address is here.
- Dr. Anil K Rajvanshi wrote an article "Sustainable Development - the Gandhian Way" in the book "Timeless Inspirator - Reliving Gandhi" (Ed. R.M.Mashelkar) . The book has contributions from 45 leading personalities of the country.
- Dr. Anil K Rajvanshi, the Director of NARI was invited to deliver an invited talk at TIFR, Mumbai on 30 April 2010 at ASET colloquium to commemorate the centenary celebrations of Dr. Homi Bhabha.
- Dr. Rajvanshi was invited to deliver the Foundation Day and 6th B.D.Tilak memorial lecture at National Chemical Laboratory on 22nd May 2009.
- NARI was given the prestigious Globe Award for its work in ethanol lantern by the Crown Princess Victoria in Sweden. Dr. Anil K Rajvanshi, the Director of NARI received the award in Stockholm on 3rd June 2009. The news was carried in almost all the major newspapers like Hindu, DNA etc.
- Dr. Nandini Nimbkar, the President of NARI was given the most distinguished alumnae award of University of Florida in 1997.
- Dr. Anil K. Rajvanshi, the Director and Hon. Secretary of the Institute was inducted in US solar Hall of Fame in 1998
- Dr. Anil K. Rajvanshi was given the prestigious Jamnalal Bajaj Award for 2001 for application of Science and Technology in rural areas by Dr. Manmohan Singh.
- NARI was given the FICCI Annual Award for Rural Development for 2001-02 by the Prime Minister Shri Atal Behari Vajpayee..
- Dr. V. Singh the safflower breeder of the Institute was given the HARDF Award by Indian Society of Oilseeds Research in January 2003.
- NARI's work on electric and improved cycle rickshaws won the ENERGY GLOBE Award (the World award on sustainability) in AIR category in 2004.
- NARI's founder Shri B.V.Nimbkar was awarded the Padma Shri by the Government of India in 2006.
- The Institute was given the Vasantrao Naik Award for 2006. The award instituted by Vasantrao Naik Foundation was given to NARI for its pioneering contributions to agriculture. The President Dr. Nandini Nimbkar received the award on behalf of the Institute from Union Agricultural Minister Shri Sharad Pawar in a glittering ceremony in Mumbai on 1st July 2006.
- NARI was given the 2007 CSIR award for S&T for rural development for its sheep breeding work. The award was presented to NARI by the Prime Minister Dr. Manmohan Singh in Delhi. NARI will share the Rs. 10 lakhs award with NCL and Yak research Institute.